Friday, August 15, 2008

God's Show & Tell

Didn’t you just LOVE it when you had Show & Tell in school when you were little! The excitement! It was just overwhelming! You were so excited to take your cool toy to show off, b/c you KNEW it was the best one! And there was also excitement b/c you were anxious to see your friends cool stuff that they were showing off!
Well, Im so thankful that my wonderful Heavenly Father plays this game with me every single day. Its so fun! Then when you have kids, its even funner, on many levels.
I love to have my quiet time with the Lord when everything seems to be waking up and the sun starts rise. I typically like to do this in the living room so that I can look out the open windows that stare straight into the bright, beautiful & rising sun. The trees are so thick and green with a flourish of birds flying and squirrels running around them. Its such a beautiful sight!
Over the last several months, I have had some struggles… Simple things…. Just how are we going to make it through and survive, etc. Times are tough, as it is with everyone else. But I still try not to worry, especially now, knowing that it hurts my God! HE is going to care and provide for me and my family. I just have to trust Him! (Something else Im having to get used to!)
But this past Monday morning, I really felt like the Lord was just wanting me to stare out the window (Im hoping thats what it was and I wasn’t just asleep with my eyes open!!). So I would read a little and then… we’ll say gaze, not stare, out the window at God’s beauty! Im currently reading a book called "Anxious for Nothing" by John MacArthur. VERY GOOD! GREAT! FANTASTIC read! I wish that I would have had this several months ago. Anyhow. So Im reading…. get this….Matthew 6: 25-34….. This is where Jesus is telling us to go so that we can be free from worry. 26: "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?" Are you kidding me? This is great! And then here He goes again, telling me to turn my head and look at His beauty…. BIRDS ARE EVERYWHERE EATING! We have a feeder out on the porch and they are all flying around eating, singing, and having a grand time! And a happy little squirrel runs up and enjoys a little too!
It’s just amazing how God can take situations like that and say, "Hey! Trust me! I have it all under control! You can’t do this without me! Let ME take care of YOU!" ….. And so, He does!
Can’t wait to see what He has in our "Show and Tell Game Plan" for tomorrow!

No comments:

Followers